Thinking about Green Card options

British professionals moving to America on a permanent basis can find themselves enjoying a better standard of living and a beneficial exchange rate.
According to Les Calvert, director at, there are certain places in America that offer a quality of life that many expats from the UK would notice straight away.
For those professionals who are looking to become a permanent resident in the North American country, the kind of Green Card they acquire needs to be deliberated, the expert said.
A Green Card is basically the legal confirmation that a foreigner has been granted authorisation to live and work in America on a permanent basis.
There isn’t one type of card and professionals will need to consider which best suits their situation. This includes the Green Card Through Family and the Green Card Through a Job.
Once this has all been confirmed and expats settle in the US, they will enjoy most of the same rights as citizens born in the country.
“If you are a permanent resident aged 18 or older, you are required to have a valid green card in your possession at all times,” the US government states. “Current green cards are valid for ten years, or two years in the case of a conditional resident, and must be renewed before the card expires.”
If you’re moving to the USA, find out how our international removals team can help to arrange packing, storage and transportation on your behalf.